GTF Tree care Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to our industry
- Ensuring that standards are being maintained as well assessing and improving any areas falling below standard
- Adopting reasonable measures to prevent noise, ground, water and air pollution to local communities where our activities are carried out in and ensuring that our sites are kept clean and tidy and free from hazard
- Ensuring and encouraging employees and sub-contractors to adopt our environmental aims and goals
- Continually reviewing our Environmental Policy to ensure compliance wherever possible
- To protect wildlife and habitat where possible
GTF Tree care is passionate about recycling. We are proud of our 98% recycle rate. We work hard to ensure that nothing goes to landfill. We actively seek to create symbiotic relationships with our local farmers and community. All our waste is taken to local farms where the chippings, sawdust, bark and scrap wood is used to create biomass fuel. The fuel created is used to heat the farmers pig pens. This reduces his cost of raising livestock and in turn keeps our prices competitive.